Florida Guide > Miscellaneous
CHAMPIONS GATE: GOLF AND SHOPPING - THE PERFECT COMBINATION
Champions Gate is situated just off the Interstate 4 West at exit 58 and is home to a PGA 36 hole golf course designed by Greg Norman and it also has a David Ledbetter golfing school for any would be golfers amongst you. There is talk of a PGA event in the near future. Smaller tournaments are held there and a few famous faces hit the course! The area covers 1500 acres!
Champions Gate was built recently and is expanding daily! You enter through huge Iron gates with “CHAMPIONS GATE” over the top of the road and also a fountain. It is very impressive.
It is a really convenient shopping/leisure area for the villa communities in the area along the CR54 and is used by locals and visitors alike. It is a pleasant area and not too busy with traffic. The speed limit goes down to 35 mph and most people keep to it (The Sheriff catches the ones that don’t)! There is also a bit of Wildlife around the place and we quite often see a family of large Cranes just strutting around the place.
There are a host of stores for your convenience in the Mall there. The shops you will currently find at Champions Gate are:
· BP Connect gas station that also has a Wild bean Café where you can sit down and eat. They serve all sorts of food, snacks and drinks.
· Walgreen’s Pharmacy which is opened late til approx 11pm and stocks a whole host of things including foodstuffs.
· Publix Supermarket which is open until 9pm everyday except Sundays where it shuts a little earlier.
· Public Bank with full facilities and a drive through.
· UPS Store.
· Hair Salon (Walk in appointments only, used on a regular basis by the author and it is fine for a trim or blow dry).
· Nail Salon (Used on a regular basis by the author and can recommend).
· Liquor store.
· State Farm Insurance office.
· McDonalds (including drive through).
· Chinese Restaurant (also does take-outs and delivery).
· Movie hire store.
· More stores are coming to the Mall soon including 7/11 and AM South bank
There are also Web Cams where you can see what the weather is like in the area. This is very useful if you are staying in the area around the CR54.
Viewed 61601 times.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
We take great care to ensure we have the copyright holder's permission to display each photo. If you believe any of our photos should not be displayed for any reason then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with full details, including a link to the photo concerned and we will act on it immediately.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one: