Florida Guide > Planning your Trip
Tips for Your Trip
- Don’t forget to pack your address book – for all those postcards. My aunt always takes printed labels with her – now that’s organised! There are lots of places with internet access now so remember to make a note of any people you may want to email – you could always send a virtual postcards from Innoventions in Epcot.
- Pack any tablets you may need and many people like to take aspirin about a week before they travel, this helps prevent DVT – check with your Doctor if you can take this with any other medication you may be on. Buy some bottled water at the airport to take on the plane to ensure that you stay nice and hydrated for those gaps when either the airline staff are busy.
- Ensure one of your hand luggage is a small back-pack, essential to carry bits and pieces when you are in the parks. Unfortunately, Dad always ends up carrying this.
- Camera – no need for spare films etc but ensure you have your camera and any flash tools etc.
- Some villas do not provide Beach Towels, so you may need to pack some.
- Pack Beach Shoes - those rubber-soled stretchy shoes for the water parks –the ground can get very hot and this stop you getting any nasty foot infections that may be lurking! These can often be bought in UK at very cheap sale prices at the end of the summer ready for next year.
- If you wear contact lenses - make sure you bring a spare set and your glasses.
- Hats - straw, baseball whatever...something to keep the sun off.
- Insect repellant – if you do suffer with bites, this will help but it is useful to also have some anti-histamine tablets and cream with you.
- In the cooler months (ie September to April) – pack some warm clothes for the evening, it can get chilly.
- Lip Stuff - like Blistex or Chapstick - with sunscreen!
- Portable CD player and CDs – great for passing the time on the flight but also around the pool at the villa.
- Travel Insurance documents, in the event you do unfortunately fall ill, you will need to produce these.
- Sensible shoes -- Comfy, well-broken in shoes are essential. This isn't the time to try a new pair of shoes. If you must get new shoes for your trip, be sure to break them in well before you depart for Florida.
- Sunglasses – even for the kids –the sun in Florida is very strong
- Tickets and airline numbers – always best to check with your airline a couple of days before returning home that your flight is still at the allotted time
- Toys - for the kids on the plane – DON’T even think of travelling without lots for them to do.
- You can buy pretty much everything in America but planning ahead always helps.
Viewed 46281 times.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one: