Florida Guide > Disney Parks
Disneys not just for children
Disney World is not just for children. In fact when we go in November there are very few children about. Deciding what to do and see at the theme parks is obviously very different for adults.
The rides I would recommend for adults at the Magic Kingdom are:
- Pirates of the Caribbean – a must if you have seen the movies as Johnny Depp makes several appearances.
- The Haunted Mansion – good fun
- The Country Bears Jamboree – very jolly
- Splash Mountain – beware the final drop. You will get wet!
- Space Mountain – An old favourite
- Lilo and Stitch – sounds kiddy-like but definitely not
- Thunder Road Railway – exciting
- Carousel of Progress – fascinating
The parades are worth watching too – especially the night time one called the electric parade, this is very spectacular.
In Epcot there is much more for adults so I would recommend:
- Spaceship Earth – really good
- Mission Space – great if you have a strong stomach as you will experience strong G-force
- Test Track – not great, but good
- Soarin’- brilliant if you have a head for heights
- Honey I shrunk the Audience – good fun 3d film
- Ellen’s Energy Adventure – fun and informative
- Maelstrom (which is in the world showcase) – short but quite good. I would skip the film at the end though unless you want a tourism talk on Norway (You just walk through the cinema to the exit)
Once you have done the rides in the main park you can walk through to the World showcase. Here you can visit many countries of the world and sample a small taste of what they have to offer. The restaurants here are very special and you will need to book early when you arrive to get a table. Some of the countries have attractions like “Maelstrom” in Norway and the Gran Fiesta tour in Mexico.
You can sample different types of food from each country (and yes, England has fish and chips and an English pub). All of the countries sell goods typical to them so there is plenty of spending to be done!
The highlight of a day at Epcot is the firework and laser show. It is the most spectacular firework show you will ever see. Definitely one not to be missed. It is best viewed from the Mexican Cantina but you will need to get there an hour before to get a seat (Mind you, they sell great frozen marguerita’s so you need not be bored. You could even have dinner there if you don’t mind Mexican fast food.
You may find, if you are there at a particularly quiet period, that you may be able to do both those parks in one day.
Viewed 50121 times.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
We take great care to ensure we have the copyright holder's permission to display each photo. If you believe any of our photos should not be displayed for any reason then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with full details, including a link to the photo concerned and we will act on it immediately.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one: